Blue Pearl Energy is recruting a Senior Financial & Accounting Controller in the Paris region10 Feb 2023
Blue Pearl Energy creates the position of Senior Financial & Accounting Controller to support its development and structuring.
Overall Role Function:
- Reporting to the Group CFO, the Senior Financial & Accounting Controller is mainly involved in the financial controlling of the subsidiaries, preparation of the quarterly reporting, preparation of BPE statutory consolidated statements. He/she will be strongly involved in the implementation of the new Reporting and Consolidation tools and will be in charge of their follow-up. He/she will also be involved in various analysis required by BPE top management and the Fund, cash management, tax review and specific subjects (insurance, credit control, finance guarantee, IT tools…etc). He/she will also be involved in the due diligences process, in strong relation with the M&A & Financial Officer when needed.
- The Senior Financial & Accounting Controller will be in permanent contact with the Top Managers of Blue Pearl, in contact with the dedicated team of the Fund and in contact with the Management and the Finance teams of the subsidiaries. He will also be in contact with external advisors, auditors, bankers, insurers linked to its mission.
- Financial Control of subsidiaries and at Group level, support to subsidiaries: The Senior Financial & Accounting Controller is strongly involved in the Financial Control of the Blue Pearl Energy platform, in liaison with the CFO. This support includes:
- Support the CFO in the implementation and running of reporting tools and budgeting processes within the subsidiaries (quarterly reporting, forecast, budget…)
- Follow-up of Subsidiaries’ Finance performance, assistance in the implementation of adequate tools and processes, review of activity and projects, promote best practice exercise within the Platform, training of local teams
- Follow-up of the accounting records of the holdings in Luxembourg, in liaison with the local fiduciary
- Strongly involved in the setting up of consolidated statements of accounts, in relation with the Luxembourg fiduciary and the local auditors
- Support the CFO regarding finance and specific subjects :
- Cash management and cash pooling implementation in relation with banks
- Relations with Credit controls companies
- Relations with banks and follow-up of guarantee lines
- Tax review, Insurance follow-up
- Liaison with the Fund regarding specific topics and reporting requirements
- Support the CFO and M&A & Financial Officer in due diligences and specific processes :
- Participate in Due diligences process and integration of new local entities (implementation of Group Reporting, review of opening balance sheet…etc)
- Support the subsidiaries and the M&A & Financial officer in the implementation / analyses of projects (BP, IRR…etc) and local build-up
- Support the CFO and the M&A & Financial Officer in capital increase process
- Support the CFO and the M&A & Financial Officer in the follow-up of the global BPE Business Plan and the valuation of the platform
- Internal :
- Transversal teams: Founders, M&A & Financial Officer
- Local entities: mainly local CFOs and CEOs
- Our financial sponsor DWS
- Services Providers: auditors, external accountants, lawyers, banks & financial partners, due diligences teams, …
- Base location : Paris area
- Regular travels to the local entities in Europe (mainly France and Belgium in a first step) estimated at 30% of time availability (1 to 2 days per week)
- Salary : including fixed part, variable part up to 25% of the fixed part, and Management Incentive Package
- Finance degree (University, Business schools…etc)
- Strong background in accounting (chartered accountant /DEC; DESCF/DSCG)
- 10 years’ experience in finance functions especially in Audit department and Finance department
- Financial reporting and Statutory consolidation
- Business controlling, tax, cash management, M&A
- Strong background in Finance and accounting, which will facilitate the Financial Control of the Platform
- Good understanding of Energy Services businesses would be appreciated
Apply by sending an email with your motivations and resume to email@example.com
ABOUT BLUE PEARL ENERGY
Blue Pearl Energy (BPE) was formed in 2020 by former executives of Majors in Energy Services Business:
- Founders, and President of BPE;
- Regional partners.
Blue Pearl Energy is developing a European Energy Services platform, in particular in Belgium, France, Germany, Spain & Central Europe. The Project ambitions to assemble complementary Small & Medium size companies in the field of Energy Services, in order to offer more comprehensive solutions, with long term energy savings commitments and with the ability to finance customers’ equipment.
The target is to create a credible alternative to the major energy services groups, preserving the independence & the operational autonomy of the companies who are joining Blue Pearl Energy, running as a coordinated and decentralized organization. At end of 2022, the Blue Pearl Energy platform is regrouping 15 companies (or group of companies), running more than 50 statutory entities, with a present run-rate € 300 million turnover, in France, Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg and Switzerland. It should ultimately, by 2027, achieve a turnover of around € 725 million, acting also in Germany and Central Europe, as the Platform continues to perform acquisition of companies. The typical target has a turnover varying between € 10 million and € 50 million turnover.
Blue Pearl has secured the financial support of a major European infrastructure fund manager, DWS, through its Infrastructure Fund PEIF III, set up in 2019.Back to news